Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A note from institute

Just a quick post to let you know how things are going.

Most of my day today is downtime. I have a small-group meeting at noon with one of my directors, after which I'm free until dinnertime. The plan was to try to convince my friend Mike to ditch this place and go to the beach (and can I just say that it feels weird even thinking about the beach as I sit here in my business-casual attire: witness the amazing psychological power of a pair of sharply creased slacks), but I think I may have too much on my mind. For one thing, we had a placement fair yesterday, and English teachers were not being placed. Schools wanted science, math, and special ed first, so our placement is going to drag on and I feel like I now have very little control over where I eventually end up. For another thing - and this is more pressing - I have to decide on my credentialing program by 9pm tonight. The choice is not an easy one, and it's not particularly because every option has so many points in its favor, if you get my gist. I'd talk things through with Mike, but he's special ed (teacher, not student) and therefore has different credentialing and masters options than I do. Other people have more funding than I do, or more strict ideas about where they'll be in two years, so talking to them might not be so useful. Also, I really only trust Mike and a girl named Geraldine, who I don't think I'll see before 9, to know where I'm coming from.

Anyhow, I'm running late and that's a big program no-no. I've been keeping daily entries on the lappy, which hopefully I can post this weekend. Stay tuned for this an other vital decisions.

No comments: