Sunday, June 26, 2005

And she's off

Last pre-induction post:

I'm finally packed. And holy god, did I pack too much stuff. The upside of this is that in order to pack for my five-week session next weekend, all I'll have to do is throw in three more pairs of pants, a couple of shirts, and my brown shoes. Also, laundry detergent, which I don't really see needing this week.

I've only had a couple of breakdowns today, which is pretty good, all things considered. It's a lot of stress not knowing what to expect, and I think I'll be better once I'm all settled and curled up in my (sigh) dorm bed tonight going over my geometry.

At least partly as a breakdown-avoidance strategy, I'm now trying to get myself excited. After all, this is the more-or-less official start of my teaching career. And this evening, I get to meet my people - all 249-or-so other Los Angeles teachers-to-be. I have a really good feeling about them, which is based on nothing. I should do fine on my test tomorrow - after all, 51.25%! And after that I'll have my placement (note convenient omission of harrowing placement-getting process), and then the real fun begins.

Hopefully I'll be able to get online this week to update on how things are going. Otherwise, expect a big mess of posts (con fotos, per my excellent new toy) next weekend.

No comments: