Sunday, November 20, 2005

drink first, then grade

So, the 100 was actually pretty cool, especially once my PD showed up, informed me that they had $1000 to spend on liquor, and insisted that I stop paying for drinks. Now. I told him I was so done, I would chuck my high-ball glass onto the dance floor and never look back. He mixed me a much-less-watered-down drink, My People started showing up, and things got markedly better all-around. We even had a Small World moment, discovering that Aaron went to elementary school with one of my good Program friends' roommates, who I have never really gotten to know. Also, I am getting better at walking/dancing in heels. The pathetic thing is that I don't wear anything taller than a kitten heel - maybe 3/4 of an inch at the tallest. Heels mess up your feet, though, for real. I try to wear sneakers in the classroom about 3 days a week, and flats the other 2.

This morning I slept in good and late, knowing I'd need all my strength for the Test-Grading Day I have planned. Grading days can be really depressing. They can also be really freeing, though. Today, for example, I am going to rid myself of about 10 pounds' worth of paper and the constant neck-and-shoulder-ache I get from carrying them around. The backache will be around until I quit the profession - or start sitting at my desk during the school day. Guess which of these things will happen first.

No comments: