Saturday, December 03, 2005

my week in one-liners

My first and second period, on test day, after stonewalling my review attempts for two hours the previous day: But Miss! We need to study!

Me, after leaving my glasses in the library: I can't see. Why is that?

My kindest, gentlest student: Miss, what means the word "titties?" Because my friend, he say you have big titties.

Me, on my students: I swear to God, I'm going to throw them all out the window...which is probably OK, seeing as we're on the first floor.

My rocker kids, on being told that failure to turn in a writing project will result in their failing the class: What happened to cool Miss L?

My fifth and sixth period, when asked what the president's goals are: Send us back to Mexico!

A student with a 38% test average, just before putting put his name on an A student's essay and turning it in as his own: I do all the work and you give me F!

One of my shrewdest and most thoughtful seniors, being asked if facing racism makes you grow up faster: No, it just makes you want to punch everyone in the face.

7 comments:

X said...

yay! I was in a Jasmine dream! :c)

As for witty one-liners, I'm reminded of my sophomore year of high school Church History class [ah, Catholic school]. The girl sitting next to me wasn't paying attention while she was reading and accidentally said: "As Jesus and his genitals approached..." Needless to say, she was mortified.

MM said...

Hey Jasmine,
I'm so sorry I never called you back. I know, my phone etiquette is terrible. Please forgive. (I really haven't been answering my phone at all since this semester started.)
Anyway, I wish I could have hung out with you and your love, but things have been hectic. I will regain my life after Dec 21. If you are going to be in town for the holidays let me know… I’ll probably be at Alan’s place.
Love,
MM.

Alan said...

You can remove that probably from her posting. I have her xmas stocking at my place, therefore, she will be at my place =)

Alan said...

Pamila, I get some odd Family Guy-like tangent animation of that Jesus oneliner...disturbing..

mila said...

ahem:

pamila = pamila
p.m. = prathna

reasonable mistake though - we did both go to catholic school.

Alan said...

oooh that was embarassing. I stand...er sit here, shamed. SHAMED.
Sorry=\

MM said...

hahaha!!!