Thursday, August 30, 2007

How to dispose of leftover wedding alcohols

...in 5 days or less.

OPTION ONE: Five-day mimosa binge

OPTION TWO: Drinking game in which every time someone asks you if you feel "different" and then looks at you expectantly, you take a drink

OPTION THREE:

Bonus: This option will also take care of your new ipod deck which you have been looking for a way to destroy.

On the for-real plus side, Aaron (who says to tell you that he totally had all his hubcaps when he went to bed last night, and that one must have flown off and landed somewhere out-of-sight or rolled into the gutter or something) took my wedding dress out of the trunk when he got home last night. Not that I know what I'm going to do with it, but it's nice not to have the decision made for me in such an abrupt fashion. He also got to stick his head in the backseat and screech,"It smells like a brewery in here!" a la Nathan Scott Phillips. And, though it sounds funny, when a policeman shines his flashlight in through your screen door at 4 in the morning, there are much, much worse reasons than this.

RIP, ipod deck.

Mourn ya til I go to BestBuy and convince them that the 2-year warranty covers acts of drunk.

11 comments:

goodcough said...

Shit! I myself would have gone with OPTION FOUR: A 5-day Christiane Amanpour marathon at the Courtyard Marriott. To each his own, though.

Please accept these small tokens: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1439/1277748915_302726e1f5_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1189/1278659006_9edfac3940.jpg



So glad that everyone is OK... let's not do anything like that again.

mina said...

I know. That shit is still on, probably.

In the first one, A is all "I hope my car doesn't get smashed!"

Sucker.

Seb said...

A play titled "A Sarcasm Too Far."

INT. CAR - NIGHT

Two 20ish men wearing "98 Degrees" shirts drive a Honda hatchback through the streets of Hollywood.

HIPSTER #1: Man, what do I have to do to get some girls?

HIPSTER #2: Drive down the middle of the road with your eyes closed. That's the only way the babes can see you.

HIPSTER #1: All right!

A crash is heard.

HIPSTER #1: Ouch, my unironically bleeding pancreas.

mila said...

holy wow shit.

that means homestar was crushed. poor homestar.

Sarah said...

yeah, don't expect a layoff of the "do you feel different" variety. So far, it's still going strong. And, boy, does it never not get old.

Nice car!

?What now?

X said...

EH?! What just happened?

And congrats on the wedding! :c)

klinton said...

fuck. that's terrible. You've got my sympathy.

mina said...

Update: our neighbor on the street side happened to be awake at 4 in the morning, and head the familiar acceleration-and-screeching that means the guy who ran into our car was, in fact, drag racing. His info says he is 21 and was driving a Nissan, which, along with the totally bizarre angle of impact, is about all the corroboration I need. He is fast; we are furious.

Anyway what's next is a new freaking car. We are driving this rented PT Cruiser until insurance, etc. comes though, which drives like it is on a fine layer of ball bearings and which we have named "Beetlebum." The question is whether we will buy another (newer) used car or just buy new. We have several days to decide this. We are fairly certain we will not be buying a PT Cruiser either way, though.

MM said...

OMG! You should make the other person's insurance cover renting you a car. Call them and demand it asap! That is what I did when a crazy person crashed into my car: She crased into my car when it was parked in a parking lot IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, and she junked my little nissan forever. Did I mention that this person was working for me at the time?
Anyway, the car crash was a blessing in disguise: I got more money from the insurance than what I had paid to buy it. And, I got a newer, better car with the money. Cars are always getting cooler and cheaper to buy. Wouldn't you like to have a Prius?

Alan said...

you know the SMART cars will be released in the US any day now, you could actually pinball through LA traffic. Wear goggles.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.