Wednesday, July 26, 2006

i am lame







...because I have been meaning to post forever, but I'm just too exhausted at the end of the day. A few brief updates: I've been getting to work around 6:20 every morning and leaving around 8 at night, not least because it's just too hot to function at home at anything above a reptilian level. It does not look at all likely that I'll be running this half-marathon; again, I'll probably pull out and run one at a later date, and donate a bunch of guilt money to the cause. My reading challenge is going well; I'm beating the kids, but not by much. Better, though, is that I've read over eight hundred pages in the last two weeks. This, along with the now-traditional Saturday night beer n' swim in my friend Tiff's pool, is what is keeping me sane. I am spending way too money on iTunes and Dr. Pepper.

Other updates: I had my Round Zero Program Meeting tonight and I am already about done for the year. I had eight new freshmen added to my English class today. I have twelve female students in total, all day. I made my first parent phone call today. Riley and I are planning, and teaching, a tremendously ambitious unit on persuasion. Our kids are not really on board, themselves being not terribly ambitious on the whole. I made my first parent phone call this afternoon. I have been killing myself trying to get four ESL students reclassified as mainstream. I have just been killing myself, overall.
Witness! Room Five Thirty-One!

1. Aaron is reading more, too - all of my favorite books.
2.You wish you hung out in my library.
3. Yeah...how much CAN you read? Plus, postcards.
4. Up close.
5. That's a whole lot of felt.
6. The Throne of Power.

7 comments:

klinton said...

awww, I haven't seen the book Aaron was reading in FOREVER. I think I used to really love it (or something).

mina said...

Yeah, that book is awesome. I am still waiting for my wings to come in. Any day now, I figure.

annie said...

your room is beyond awesome! funky. and where did you find the throne of power. i'm thinkin' i need one!

ps.aaron looks so cute.

mila said...

we got you russia postcards this weekend! i am also enlisting melanie (france) and emily (turkey) in your postcard cause.

mina said...

Yay! More postcards! For those who don't know: I want postcards from everywhere, no matter how near or far. And lots of them.

The Throne of Power came from Pier One. It cost $60 and was worth every penny. My students present from it, I read the agenda from it, and it is all-around great.

siobhan said...

holy crap...i would bake you so many things if you were my teacher and that was my homeroom. my favorite teachers in high school got many of my kitchen creations :)

MM said...

Send me your address and I will send you a postcard!